Posts Tagged ‘A Round of Words’
Progress is a funny thing. Little steps suddenly reveal themselves as mountains conquered, while the grand journeys I had set upon seem stuck at port from an infestation of teredo navalis.*
That’s where my writing lingers of late… stuck in dry dock, awaiting repairs as I play catch up with the world around me. I am getting caught up with my critique group (after being behind by five critiques), but the tally of new words this week—for the whole week—was less than 500. At least this is not counting class discussions for the MOOCS I’m doing at FutureLearn; my class participation is on track.
As for the rest of my progress?
- Write my five sentences daily — nope
- At least three days a week, write a page, front-to-back — nope
- Make weekly progress in travel plans for UK trip this Spring —check
- Post here once weekly with progress — missed last week, but did post my Wednesday check-in at Many Worlds
- Maintain and update the ROW80 blog/site and linkies once a week — check
Not much progress, as you can see. The England trip is almost completely sketched out (important, but not since we’re not going until the end of April, more a case of me obsessing over things). I’ve fixed links on the ROW80 blog and tweaked some of the links (and am starting to work out a system that will stop me from running late every post). I’ve even changed computers and started two classes.
I’ve done a lot. Just not a lot of writing… Guess it’s time to work on that next, hmm?